Sunday 2 July 2017

Me and Milo the Great





Book name: Me and Milo the Great
Genre: Young Adult
Standalone/Series: Standalone
Publishing Date:  September 14th 2017
My Rating: ★★★★★

Goodready Blurb
My name is Holiday Sanchez. I carry a heavy burden.
But I'm not the only one.
There are others who know what it feels like to remember. Maybe they are the answer. Maybe we can help each other. Maybe I'll finally get past it.
Maybe it just takes time—and a little bit of magic.

Goodreads

My Review


“I guess you could say it was a bit like well… magic”
This line from the book actually defines it! It wasn't and harry potter magic but magic in the simple things that happen to us, which if had happened in a different way then  life won’t have been the way it is. That’s magic too, isn't it?!

This story is about a girl- Holiday Sanchez, who had a father- Stan, who was never her dad and her lovely mother Rita. Her life changed because of Stan’s craziness and now she suffers with anxiety and is afraid of interacting with people. But then she meets Milo the great- a Magician who brings magic in her life.
I LOVED THE BOOK! The plot was amazing and I loved the writing style. The writing was what you can call comfortable and easy and things just went on with the flow. Things were revealed slowly throughout the book and they seemed to be coming at the perfect time. It all made sense in the end and brought a genuine smile to my face thinking about this wonderful journey with life completely going out of hand and the healing. It was a roller-coaster of emotions for me, I cried and laughed and loved the characters and the book.

I really liked Holiday. Reading from her point of view didn't make me think that she was crazy at all but when I though as a third person I realized that’s what she would've looked to me like- crazy. She grew as a person throughout the book
Milo is soo cute. I just love him! You have to love him. He is like the perfect guy, why can’t there be people like him in the actual world!Also, I tried to think what might’ve been Stan’s reasons for doing what he did. I got some crazy ideas though none of them makes any sense.

This book makes you wonder. About life. About the people around you-Their life, Their pain, If they are also suffering.It also gives an insight in the life of an introvert, why are they so and if something happened to them to make them so(though some people are introverts nature wise also). I am much of a listener than a talker and am frank only with people I know. I could relate to the protagonist to an extent, not with the things that she endured but I just could. I feel like I am getting sidetracked from the review and talking about myself instead, but that’s just the way this book is! It makes you relate to the characters taking in account you can actually relate and in my case I could, not completely but to some extent, which was enough to get tears in my eyes.
It deals with the issue of terrorist attacks making you think about the families of the terrorists, who have to live with the guilt that their family members- father, brother etc. are destroying others families. Though its not their fault that they are born in that family or their parents take up such occupation.This is a book people should be reading, to make a difference and bring a change in the world. Everyone has problems and every person’s life takes turns but that doesn't mean we will harm others or try to inflict pain to others.

This book has a really deep meaning and everyone should read it. It had the perfect pinch of romance, suspense, heartbreak and the storyline was Mind-blowing!
 I will recommend it to everyone, it is a book the needs to be read to bring change in the world and make it a better place to live in!So grab your copy if you want to leave the world a better place than how you found it by doing your little bit- smiling and making others smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment